Bylaws – Board Of Directors
The executive board running EUPRERA should be operational and able to make decisions and recommendations quickly and efficiently for the proper running of the association.
The board should set the platform to allow the association to be run according to its objectives and to allow its membership to live the strategy.
2. Composition of the BoD
The Board of Directors of EUPRERA is composed of 5 executive members: 1 President; 1 President Elect or Past President; 1 Director of Public Relations & Administration (DPRA); 2 Executive Directors (ED).
The General Assembly thus implicitly confirms the four year mandate of the presidency (1 year as president elect, a two-year term as president and 1 year as past president) starting from the 1st of January.
3. Election and mandates
The executive members are elected by the General Assembly. The mandate is renewable for the same period if approved by the General Assembly.
The General Assembly gives the executive directors a mandate for two years; the DPRA a mandate for four years; the presidency function a mandate for four years.
The four-year mandate for the presidency runs as follows:
- The GA elects a President Elect. His/her mandate is of one year from the 1st of January which must occur within the four year mandate given by the GA.
- The GA confirms the President Elect to become president for a two years term from the 1st of January which must occur within the four year mandate given by the GA.
- The GA confirms the President to become Past President for one year from the 1st of January which must occur within the four year mandate given by the GA.
- Points 1 and 3 occur at alternated years, point 2 occurs every 2 years.
4. Guidelines to choose the president elect and the directors
The President Elect and each director should be: a) A respected academic or practitioner in public relations/communication; b) Suitable to represent EUPRERA internationally in all appropriate academic and professional arenas; c) A proven leader in university, professional or research based settings.
The President Elect can be chosen among: d) Previous or current board members or project leaders who have made a significant contribution to EUPRERA for at least two years.
The directors can be chosen among: d) Members who have made a significant contribution to EUPRERA for at least two years.
The board will oversee the nomination process and ask the members for nominations. Candidates have to express their willingness and availability for nomination. The board will put forward any number of suitable candidates for election by the GA.