On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its existence, Edward Bernays University of Applied Sciences is organizing its traditional international scientific and professional conference, for the fourth time in a row, and this time under the name “Bernays Forum 2023: Communicating & Leading – the Culture of Change.”
All interested scientists and experts are invited to register for the conference and to contribute their works to the development of science and professions in the field of the conference, as well as to solving the current challenges we face.
About the theme
Change is the basis of development and progress, and in the modern, globalized and technologically developed world, changes are faster, more demanding and more comprehensive. Various social challenges that everyone faces, such as pandemics, threats to democracy, economic or climate crises, encourage individuals, organizations and society to adapt and change established patterns. In order to build a system for efficient and effective change management, it is important to understand its nature and dynamics. Communication sciences and leadership are two important disciplines that play a vital role in facilitating and managing change, both at the organizational and societal levels. At the organizational level, effective communication and change management are particularly important for improving organizational performance, employee morale and stakeholder satisfaction. The conference “Communicating & Leading – the Culture of Change” therefore aims to explore the phenomenon of change by focusing on its communication aspects, but also the way in which leadership can and should manage change.
The conference wishes to explore the following key goals and offer relevant recommendations that will facilitate carrying and managing change:
- Communication and change: how communication can be used to initiate and implement change, including the role of leadership, communication channels and stakeholder engagement.
- Change management: how management can effectively plan, execute and evaluate change initiatives, including the role of change drivers, resistance to change and change management models.
- Organizational culture and change: how organizational culture affects change initiatives and how to create a culture that supports change.
- Stakeholder perspectives on change: how different stakeholders, including employees, customers and shareholders, perceive and react to change and how communication and management can respond to their concerns.
- Case studies and best practices: examples of successful change initiatives from organizational practice, including the role of communication and management in their success.