COVID-19 has increased the need to discuss ethical issues. On September 3-4, 2020, Communication, PR and Media Ethics will be discussed on a global level at Helsinki Ethics 2020 Conference. It will be an hybrid event: online from anywhere in the world & on the spot in Helsinki, Finland.
Communication ethics is an important topic to us communication professionals and journalists. It is a topic that should be more broadly addressed in societal discussion in order to increase awareness and encourage change. COVID-19 has further increased the need to discuss ethical issues. Freedom of speech, democracy, diplomacy, hate speech, populism – what kind of world do we live in now and in the future?
What makes Helsinki Ethics 2020 Conference unique:
- The event is directed at both communication professionals and journalists
- Conference speakers are internationally renowned experts in the field of communication and media: 20 speakers in two days!
- Speakers come from i.a. the United Kingdom, Austria, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic and the USA. Several renowned and award-winning journalists, researchers, practitioners and ethics experts will be giving speeches.
- Keynote speakers of the conference are Pulitzer Prize winner and former editor-in-chief of The Guardian, Alan Rusbridger, Executive Director for UK Government
- Communications, Alex Aiken, author Sofi Oksanen and founder of the constructive journalism movement, Ulrik Haagerup.
- The event will be held as a hybrid conference: participants from all over the world both online and live on the spot in Helsinki
- Innovative & interactive virtual evening program
- President of the Republic of Finland, Sauli Niinistö, is the patron of the conference.
ProCom – the Finnish Association of Communications Professionals (founded in 1947) – is an organisation for corporate communication and public relations practitioners in Finland. ProCom fosters the professional development of its nearly 3000 members and promotes the value communication provides to society. Members range from industry thought leaders working in strategic leadership positions of major corporations to entry-level practitioners and entrepreneurs.