In order to spread new methodologies and research results, EUPRERA organises a highly regarded annual congress each autumn in collaboration with a selected university or college in Europe.
The congress, where recent results are presented, based on peer-reviewed papers and panel sessions, is a major event to exchange research insights and to start collaborations in this specific field in Europe. Participants come from all over the world.
Authors have the opportunity to enter one of the prizes for the best works and to see their papers published in the EUPRERA Congress Book and in the Journal of Communication Management.
Save the date for our next congresses!
Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
The Camino of Strategic Communication. (Re)discovering the human element in public relations.
In the hope of finding you all in good health, we want to assure you that the Board is considering all possible scenarios in view of the congress, depending on how and when the emergency will be contained.
- For those who submitted an abstract, please don’t worry as all the approved papers will be presented.
- For those wanting to join the congress – and the social programme in winery and castle! – please make sure to book the accommodation as soon as possible with the option “free cancellation”: other big congresses have been postponed to October and hotels might go in overbooking. We also added a few more hotels in the travel section of the congress website.
The congress will deal with the following sub-themes:
- Ethics in communication/PR
- Innovative communication/PR approaches: new and old trends (Practice)
- New curricula for the future of education and training development (education)
- Competencies and capabilities for a new professionalism landscape (Professionalism)
- History and theory of public relations
- Open track – current communication/PR research
For more info on the programme and travel, as well as on the yearly EUPRERA PhD seminar taking place soon before the congress, please visit the and
Organiser: Sabine Einwiller
Programme: the congress sessions will be condensed in two full days (Thursday and Friday), followed by the social programme on Saturday.
Prague, Czech Republic
Organisers: Denisa Hejlová, David Klimeš, Petra Koudelková
Are you interested in hosting the EUPRERA congress?
Where have we been before? What did we talk about?
The EUPRERA congress took place the first time in 1999 in Berlin, Germany. Since then, the congress has become an yearly appointment for academics and practitioners from Europe and gradually from all over the world. Here the cities we visited and the themes we investigated.