Communication Insights new issue: Keeping up the spirit
Accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, internal communication has been challenged to develop new concepts for addressing employees in virtual or hybrid work environments. How can internal communication foster employees’ commitment and motivation in an increasingly virtual work environment?
The new research supervised and conducted by Sabine Einwiller and Julia Stranzl from the University of Vienna, and supported by Academic Society for Management & Communication, gathers interviews with 60 employees and 16 internal communication experts, and an online survey among 1,000 workers.
The Communication Insights issue “Keeping up the spirit – Internal communication in an increasingly virtual work environment” addresses the following questions:
- What challenges do internal communication experts face in an increasingly virtual work environment?
- How can the goals of internal communication be achieved in a virtual context?
- What can be done to avoid possible negative effects of an increasingly virtual work environment?
- Lessons learned from the virtualization of internal communication during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Internal communication and hybrid work – quo vadis?
The new presentation is aimed at people working in the field and academics interests in the issues.