EUPRERA and the Aarhus University are happy to announce the full programme of the EUPRERA annual congress, scheduled from Thursday September 27 to Saturday September 29 in the picturesque Aarhus, Denmark.
The full programme
The full programme of the 3-day congress on “Big Ideas! Challenging Public Relations Research and Practice” includes a variety of contributions and some novelties in its structure.
The congress will start with a keynote speech by Roy Suddaby, University of Victoria, on Communicative Institutionalism, and then articulate with a selection of nearly 80 papers presented in parallel sessions. Besides, 3 panel sessions will discuss:
- Trade Unions’ Strategic Communication: Fighting Fat Cats and Guarding the Public Interest?
- Converting Big Ideas To Practical Tools: How Management Education Can Inspire Communication Scholars
- A special panel on the CPRE (Commission on PR Education) where EUPRERA is regularly represented.
Finally, two special sessions will enrich the agenda:
- Report from the future of ideas: a short presentation from the EUPRERA doctoral seminar
- Theory meets practice: a post conference workshop addressed to practitioners
Don’t miss also
- The Best Viking Award competition, on Friday early morning, in the fresh Nordic sea!
- The EUPRERA Hour, on Friday afternoon: not only an opportunity to know what’s going on in our association with the members’ projects and thematic networks, but also to discover the congress top papers and the publications.
– EUPRERA Best Paper Awards
– EUPRERA Best Reviewer Award
– Emerald Professional Impact Award
– Emerald publications
- The Book Corner, available during the whole congress: contact the organizer to display your recent books here!
- A brilliant closing session, on Saturday morning:
– EUPRERA Master Thesis Award for Excellence
– Special recognition to a member of EUPRERA
– Presentation of EUPRERA 2019 congress in Zagreb, Croatia
The social activities, including Thursday informal dinner, Friday gala dinner, Saturday visit to MOMU (Moesgaard prehistory and ethnographic Museum).
Opportunities for members and PhD students
Members are invited to propose new research or education projects, as well as new thematic networks, to be launched during the congress. Besides, some of the current projects are seeking new staff members and PR Now needs a new leader. Any proposal can be sent to Virginia Villa (email@example.com). More info
PhD students are invited to attend the yearly PhD Seminar, this year organized prior to the congress from September 25 to 29. Seats are limited and the opportunity is unique: an international setting where doctoral students within public relations and strategic communication can present their ongoing work, get feedback from experts and peers and establish a valuable network for the future. Besides, this year’s attendants will present their work during the main congress. Applications are possible until August 21. More info
3 weeks left for early bird registration
Don’t miss the deadline for the early bird registration: register by Tuesday July 31 and save € 50 on each fee!
Check the different price categories: there are further discounts for EUPRERA members, students and other categories. Register now
See you in Aarhus