We’re proud to announce that EUPRERA accepts the invitation by the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management to endorse the document Open call to the profession to add a new goal to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of United Nations (see below).
This new goal is “Responsible communication” and would be the eighteenth of the SDG as part of the 2030 agenda.
Open call to the profession to add a new goal to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of United Nations
- Open dialogue about global challenges, such as climate change, poverty reduction and democracy.
- Consider dialogue as the most powerful weapon.
- Freedom of opinion and press.
- Ethical approach to organizational and institutional communications, based on facts.
- Fight against fake news and any kind of propaganda.
- Educate individuals to use their ‘communication powers’, especially through social media.
- Public and private support for rigorous journalism.
- Support diversity at the deep level and equality of genders.
- Empathy to those who suffer from hunger, poverty, lack of opportunities, war, forced migrations and discrimination.
- Positive and inclusive language.